Ferrandino & Son, Inc.
Your National Construction & Facility Maintenance Solutions Company that provides services to more than 35,000 locations across the United States.
At the end of the day, the reason we’ve had sustainable success is our ability to deliver outcomes that our clients are looking for in a trusted partner. We do that by creating value. Value in how we help develop the service programs, value in how we continually are evolving the service programs and value in how we can drive down costs by bundling service programs. Below are just some of our more traditional value propositions that we deliver for our clients in the multi-site industry today.
- Breadth of Services – For more than 70% of our clients, Ferrandino & Son is utilized for 2 or more services. The ability to bundle programs is ideal for driving cost savings by leveraging resources across service programs.
- Cost Controls – In a maintenance program, hourly rates do not define the cost of a facility program. Reducing down time through first-visit repairs, leveraging material suppliers to control costs and identifying low-cost repairs that don’t negatively impact the brand all drive towards the only goal that matters when it comes to measuring the overall dollars spent on a service program. Cost per ticket.
- Capital Projects – Most companies will ask a local contractor to price out an out of scope project, like a large-scale painting project or property remodel. At Ferrandino & Son, our own Project Managers will set the price, write up the proposal, document the work with pictures and then validate the work once it is approved and completed. This eliminates any variance in costs and controls the final product delivered.
- +Service Crossover – Ferrandino & Son isn’t just a single service division company. Most clients leverage our capabilities for other categories. For example, while visiting your properties to level-set a scope of work for a painting project, we can develop long-term capital spend strategies for paving with BlueSky Paving, our inhouse national asphalt and concrete services company. Concerned about your Brand and signage? Enterprise Signs, our inhouse national sign company, can be utilized as we capture site audits during routine visits, all at no cost. This is the true value-add.
- Financial Health – In today’s current world crisis, the financial health of your partners can’t be dismissed. With 28 years of sound decision making, we have positioned ourselves as a viable partner to many of our clients who either are struggling financially or who are just looking for somebody to step in where their current partners are struggling to the impact from COVID-19. We have navigated the current crisis and while the health concerns remain, our ability to deliver have only been strengthened.
When you measure all of these together, what you discover is a Partner. A Partner invested in your financial health. A Partner invested in your Brand and a Partner who wants to be a part of your team.
Ferrandino & Son is often engaged by clients because of our ability to cover their entire portfolio. By partnering with more than 14,000 service partners across all 6 service divisions, we are well-positioned to deliver services while still maintaining the quality control we are known for.
This means that anywhere in the United States where you may need support, Ferrandino & Son will be able to mobilize, manage and deliver the services you need.
Ferrandino & Son has 6 unique Service Divisions.
Delivered to more than 10,000 commercial properties across the country, this team focuses on the customer brand starting at the curb. The department’s team of Territory Managers provide a Boots-on-the Ground resource to manage quality control with a vendor network of more than 3,500 vendor partners.
BlueSky Paving is our in-house paving solution. Managing both routine repairs and large capital projects, the BlueSky Difference is their Preventive Maintenance Plan (PMP) that customers leverage for long-term asset management where inspections provide a 5 year look at future maintenance costs.
The foundation of this program is value. Inclusive of everything from handyman, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and refrigeration, the focus for our teams is on identifying good, better and best repair options while driving down average costs- per-ticket.
This team is built around experience. Building for nearly 30 years, the process is supported by Project Managers positioned around the country and a team of traveling superintendents that handle everything from 3,000 location rollouts to new builds and refresh programs.
Enterprise Signs is our in-house signage company. With more than 30 years’ experience in the manufacturing and service delivery side of the business, Enterprise spends most of its time educating clients on more energy saving solutions, reducing both short-term and long-term costs.
Snow removal is an emotional service. Delivered under the worst possible conditions, Ferrandino & Son has developed a 12-month solution that delivers the industry’s only educational track for Facility Managers.
We utilize a unique operating model for our clients.
dedicated Account Team
subject matter experts
- Each of our 6 service divisions is built around customized account teams assigned to individual clients. An extension of those customers we support, they live and breathe the clients culture and learn how best to support them.
- Those same service divisions also have a team of category subject matter experts that cross-support those dedicated account teams. It allows for a greater level of knowledge that can be shared with the individual teams.
- When a client engages across 2 or more service divisions, which is very common, they are assigned a dedicated account team for each service category. This ensures a higher level of expertise and allows complex facility programs to run in parallel without risk of deprioritizing one service over another.
The 6 service divisions have access to a team of Project Managers in the field to support their individual categories. Geographically dispersed, they provide oversight into both routine, preventative programs as well as larger capital projects. Ferrandino & Son employees, this team is also mobile, often being repositioned in different markets as the business demands increase. While the work is being executed from a large network of vendor partners, these real world Boots-on-the-Ground provides the local touch required to be successful in this industry.
The Last Mile
The Last Mile. In logistics, it describes the delivery of goods from the transportation hub to its final destination. In telecom, it is the connection from the street to the individual homes. In facility services, it is the last element of a national program, the final step of delivering the work.
As expected, a company with 6 national service solutions delivering to more than 35,000 commercial properties across the country requires an extensive network of local vendor partners to finish our “Last Mile”. While the local vendor partners are independent contractors, they are our most valuable asset.
How we develop, coach, support, and even discipline our Last Mile Team is what allows us to deliver the outcomes our clients want.
Automated Vendor Payments (AVP) – In today’s current financial pandemic, ensuring the flow of payments to our local partners is critical. With our AVP program, our suppliers invoices get processed within 5 days of receipt and then they are paid on net 9 days. In these challenging times, how loyal do you think our local partners are to us
- Vendor Relations – As a client, you are used to your service partners having a dedicated team to support you. Imagine how the local partners delivering on that Last Mile would feel if they had the same? At Ferrandino & Son, our Vendor Relations Team are dedicated to them. Every partner is assigned a Vendor Liaison who is there to answer questions, assist with invoicing and make sure that their experience is as positive as all of our clients.
- Scalability – They want to grow their companies and we can help them. Through strategic, controlled growth, a successful vendor partner can expand into other core services they provide across our entire client base. An average vendor partner touches more than 3 unique clients of ours and often delivers in at least two categories, like landscaping and snow removal for example.
We’ve spent 30 years investing in our greatest asset and the benefit is shared with each and every client we work with.
More than 96% of our clients over the last 36 months were first introduced to our brand via our educational platform. This includes our webinar program that presents more than 30 public programs a year and more than 150 customized programs via our Lunch and Lunch Series.
It is our educational blogs and white papers that are released through our social media channels more than 300 times a year. It is also our engagement at national shows like Connex, RFMA, SPECS and more than 10 others where we are often asked to develop programs on a range of topics to help educate the membership.
Our education is centered around the concept of helping clients develop better outcomes for their facility and construction programs. We recognized a gap in this space and it has allowed us to be recognized every year as the industry’s top supplier in continuing education for the facility and construction industry as a whole.
When venturing into your next capital projects, whether you want a full portfolio refresh or a standalone location update, partnering with a trusted landscape vendor will help you achieve the right information to structure the right budget across multiple sites in your portfolio.
Here, we will discuss another important factor when building out your SOW. This part falls outside of the service delivery requirements and into Program Management. However, one of the more critical pieces of a consolidated program is the field support your awarded supplier will provide.
We believe that there can be a healthy balance between cost, brand, and exposure to liability that will allow you to achieve your goals while still controlling your budget.